How To Improve Your Google Ranking
For SME’s it can be difficult to find the time, interest or knowledge to really get to grips with how to effectively rank within Google. There are many advanced techniques that can be used but these are often out of reach for most SMEs due to budget limitations. However for many businesses just doing the basics can be sufficient to see a marked increase in visitor traffic to their websites and improvements to their Google ranking.
Here are 7 Top Tips That Will Improve Your Google Ranking:
- The Website – ensure your website is using modern technology – make sure your website is mobile responsive. If you’ve not touched your website in over 2 years then contact your supplier and ask if your website is using anything that may mean your Google ranking is impacted.
- Select The Right Keywords/ Search Terms – It’s important to decide what search terms you want to rank for and check people are actually using these search terms. Google has tools to help in this space – Google Keyword Planner is just one of these. For any search terms you’re thinking about: they need to be relevant to your business, have a reasonably high monthly search volume and ideally low competition.
- Content, Content, Content – Google loves regular content, if a website hasn’t been updated in 12 months then this will impact your Google ranking – you are effectively off line. Make sure you regularly produce content for your website. Remember to use your selected search terms in your content.
- Use Your Search Terms In Your Web Page Title – Make sure your page title uses the search terms you’ve selected.
- Headings and Sub-Headings – when your write content you often break it down into sections with main headings and sub headings make sure you use your selected search terms in these headings.
- Images, Photos and Videos – often over looked but important for improving your Google ranking is naming your images or photos appropriately with your search terms. Don’t call it ‘photo1’ use one of the selected search terms within the name. Google can’t read a picture so it relies on the name of a picture to understand your web page.
- Get Other Websites Pointing To You – by far the hardest but one of the most important is to get other websites pointing to your website – known as external links. If these websites are already highly regarded by Google then it can add real weight to your websites authority.
If your struggling to understand how to do this or haven’t got the time then Buzz Web Consultancy can help.
Prepared by: The Buzz Blog | Buzz Web Consultancy
Shop For Products
Subscribe For Latest Updates
Free E-Book 5 Things To Fix On Your Website In The Next Week To Increase Leads
Stop wasting time on the Internet!
Like most business owners, you are probably distracted and overwhelmed by the possibilities of doing business online.
It is also true that most of us fail dismally in our online ventures. So here are five things you can do in the next week to get the needle moving in the right direction.